Lesser known credit for retirement savers

Those who are saving for their retirement through IRA or an employer sponsored retirement plan, may be eligible for a “saver’s credit” in their 2014 Federal tax filing. A person over the age of 18, not a full-time student and not being claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return is eligible for the credit. You need to use Form 8880, Credit for Qualified Retirement Savings Contributions to claim the credit and file Form 1040 or Form 1040A.

Read More